There go the bells...I'm going to miss the midnight timestamp.
A mad dash with Shirley after dinner to hear (most of) a concert by Jack Gibbons playing early Chopin. An absolutely inspired pianist. This is the second of his summer series -- we went to the first one Sunday evening, the all Beethoven program having caught Shirley's eye -- and I may be fortunate enough to hear both of the other Chopin programs he has planned. Also relieved to have a pleasent evening with Shirley; there'd been scarcely a word between us since the concert Sunday and I'd been letting that bother me. The paper also may have contributed to my stress levels (yes, stress while on vacation) but I finally managed to quit 'polishing dirt', as some folks would say, and hand it in. Not entirely satisfactory but good enough.
The first session ends in two days; very few others are staying on for the second session so the bemoaning the end has started. I'm trying not to gloat. :) Still haven't been to evensong at the cathedral but did get to Matins and mass Sunday morning; it was an interesting taste of the old-style church to have the two services run back-to-back. Most people seem to attend either one or the other but not me. Hey, anything worth doing is worth over-doing! And that attitude is why I'm the only person in the Roman Britain class taking it for a grade -- everyone else is going with pass/fail or non-credit options. I'm really going to need a vacation when this is all over...
No comments:
Post a Comment