Monday, July 14, 2003

Another hot cloudless day. Not as humid as last week or perhaps I'm getting acclimatized. Spent the morning dozing through class (lectures on the various incarnations of Rome's northern frontier in Britain), then went off to the Sackler Library with Shirley. She photocopied her reading (since this is another library that does not allow books to be removed from the building) and went charging back out into the heat to do errands while I stayed in the quiet, cool basement until dinner time but will need to return tomorrow (and tomorrow and...no, that's a different class) to continue. Which is the wiser course? Must depend on your point of view, but she seemed to be feeling the heat more than I.

I am not getting acclimatized to the Tempest rehearsals that chase everyone else from the garden and which follow me into my room. I hope that they either open or close or whatever outdoor productions do, and do it soon.

No comments: