It's been a wheel of a day, with more fresh air, sunshine and exercise than I've had since, well, before winter began last September. We will gloss over the embarrassing early start to the day and the disgustingly productive couple of hours that follow and progress to the fun part of the day. Which was the first in series of inline skating classes by CitiSkate, during which I only fell down when told to do so buy the instructor (though I can only make this claim due to some invaluable assistance from a classmate at one point). As a result of the class I can actually stop without making undue use of flower beds, brick walls or little old ladies and plan to demonstrate this prowess at next weekend's Easy Peasy group skate.
Having both some daylight and some energy left I took myself of to buy some new wheels -- not skate wheels, big wheels. So now, after some transoceanic advice from ABA (former bike messenger / stuntman now living quietly as a house painter / stuntman) I am the proud owner of yet another form of transport, which I promptly took out to play in traffic. If I'm not overly stiff in the morning I'll be headed out on a trek -- after reviewing the Highway Code sections on bicycles.
Remaining decision of the day: immediate gratification with dinner at home or make myself smell pretty and go out for a celebratory feast in one of the newly discovered areas of Greenwich.
No comments:
Post a Comment