Thursday, June 26, 2003

Spent most of the evening on personal correspondence rather than the necessaries. Sigh.

Went out to play frisbee after work but we got kicked out of GG Park by Park & Wreck because we were playing in the outfield of a baseball game -- very deep outfield, at 500-600 yards, but a safety risk nonetheless, apparently.

Somebody nicked the yew tree and an orchid from my back yard! Both were is good-sized pots, and the yew tree was close to four foot tall, so it’s not quite the same as picking flowers from someone else’s garden -- they would have been an armful to haul off. Odd that whoever it was took the two pots closest to the back door and left the rest of the orchids, the roses and a number of other things alone. I may have to replace the yew tree as someone once told me that a yew tree by the door repelled witches -- which could be useful to prevent a return of the LAMA. I find it really odd that someone would come in the back gate and help themselves to my plants. Sigh.

The jam didn’t set. It’s also strong on the sugar and almond. A second round of cooking won’t cure those faults so I’ve got many jars of thick, lumpy Amaretto. Mind you, I like Amaretto, and the color is wonderful, but I won’t be putting fancy labels on this jar. It does wonderfully over vanilla ice cream, or an a rice cake with crema (soft Peruvian-style goat cheese) so the effort was not wasted but I do intend to make another batch in September.

No comments: