Saturday, August 27, 2005

Oh, happy day! It has been about twenty years since this last happened to me but -- today I received a care package! Living in distant corners of the earth has always meant that birthday and Christmas gifts arrived by carrier pigeon, and the nature of my family also meant that delivery of gifts was rather loosely associated in space-time with the inspirational event (trans.: sometimes months late ... or months early). But not since university days (I think) has there been a true care package (with apologies, of course, if in the joy of the moment I have overlooked any event that you, my loyal reader, know that I should remember).

So now I have six small mysteries to solve. The largest is probably tea, the small flat on possibly fudge (or maybe chocolate) and one of the other must be Dutch spice candy, but the other three ... !

Enjoying the anticipation, and the thoughtfulness of friends.

Current music: Flea Circus (Hoover the Dog) & Cello Drop (Oysterband)

No comments: