Monday, June 07, 2004

Today, alas, was given over to making cherry pie and socializing instead of Getting Stuff Done. The pie turned out well, crust & all, but there is a lot of Stuff to Get Done that didn't. Par for the course on a normal weekend but I no longer have the luxury of normal weekends. I need to pack, give away or throw out all my worldly possessions by the end of the month. Yes, I am moving, and after ten years of being comfortably ensconced in my current abode, it's going to be a bit of a challenge.

A bit of a disclaimer: I am hoping to move but the necessary paperwork is not complete. This could still fall through if the Home Office declines to proving a work permit. In which case I unpack again. I am told by those who should know that there will not be a problem getting the work permit. Nonetheless, I'm not going to buy a plane ticket until I have the work permit in hand.

The plane ticket, by the way, will be a one-way ticket as I am taking a permanent position in the London office. Doing exactly the same job I have now, just with a different line manager & a different time zone.

No comments: