Thursday, January 08, 2004

I may have achieved a new level of indulgence this evening. Consider...

After hobbling home from a night game of frisbee-in-the-mud, envision a scalding bath scented with an Apothekerri Amber Rose bath bomb and provided with a tub-side tray holding a half-pound of Callebaut dark chocolate, a quart of truly superb perry (and organic to boot!), a lightweight novel and an array of candles (unscented -- too much of a good thing may be wonderful but still needs to stop somewhere). A long soak, a good scrub, and expectations of chocolate dreams (cocoa butter being a major component of Apothekerri bath bombs). Ahhh...

Those who having indulged in any retail therepy during the past week will have noticed that many retail businesses are participating in the anual Festival of Inventory. Not being in retail myself, I don't normally partake of this particular festival. There are some who might say that I'm in the book and wine hoarding business. However, I know my book inventory is already correct -- it gets regular updates throughout the year -- and wine inventory? Why inventory something so ephemeral? However, I did inventory the household chocolate this past weekend and found, somewhat to my surprise, twelve different types of chocolate. Twelve! Too much of a good thing is wonderful.

And, no, I did not finish the Callebaut in a single soaking.

No comments: